Wednesday 1 March 2017

Watercolour Paintings 28

Here are the latest watercolour paintings I've collected. This is slightly more than usual but covers a lot of different styles and subjects so hopefully will provide both interest and food for thought. One thing I think it illustrates is the wide diversity of watercolour and proves it is not just a 'sketching' medium but a powerful force in it's own right. If I have any names wrong please feel free to correct me.



Ti Watercolour (?) Not sure what this means, there appears to be a signature on the painting but I cannot determine what it is.




Barbara Nechis. Barbara was a pupil of the famous and controversial American teacher Edgar Whitney and is featured in the book about him and his pupils by the late Ron Ranson





Alvaro Castagnet  - a prominent figure on the workshop circuit.




Gerard Hendriks -enough said!



Stan Miller - one of his demos



Jonathan Kwegyir Aggrey - a fine young Ghanian artist



Trevor Chamberlain. This is an older painting by the British maestro featured in his book 'Trevor Chamberlain- A Personal View' One of his very best.


Frank Ebers



Milind Mulick - Another from the prolific Milind he once did one of me painting!


Michal Jasiewicz


Mariejeanne Bronzini



Charles Reid. A sketchbook painting.


Viktoria Prischedko - Terrific


Martine Jolit


John Salminen - incredible for a watercolour!



Aleksandra Neberekutin




Margot Bock


Lars Eje Larsson . "Google' his name and his website contains a large gallery of his paintings, quite a wide range of subjects. He strikes me as belonging to the newish concept of 'Realistic Abstracts' popularised by Kees Van Aalt. 


Lars Eje Larsson - a new artist I've just come across - love his work


Lars Eje Larsson again.


The above are a mix of well-known and unknown (at least to me) watercolour artists. I'm sure many are well-known in their own countries but not in the UK. I subscribe to 'The Artist' magazine - have done for many years - and apart possibly from Trevor Chamberlain you will never see any of the above artists featured. I suspect this is because watercolour is still regarded as inferior to oil in particular and 'tradition' - that heavy weight hanging around British necks - stifles change. I could say more but better not!



2 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Peter - I always enjoy these posts of yours. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to track these down.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks for comment Rose. Glad you like them.