Saturday 1 February 2014

Cakes and Sweets

This was the subject at Avon Valley Artists last Thursday. Another decent attendance with 17 present. Several, including me, had done some preparatory work. In my case the work involved the drawing and then careful application of masking fluid. This took some time which is why I did it prior to the session. Why masking fluid? The fruit on the cheescake had a complicated lot of highlights and the chocolates also needed some fancy work.





Jan Weeks


???



Jo McKenna



???


Chocolates and Cheesecake 18" x 12" Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140lb (300gsm) Not.

 Just out of interest the fruit is a combination of Perylene Maroon (Graham PR179). Quinacridone Coral (Daniel Smith PR209) and a little Burnt Umber to further darken the red. This is a combination I've not used before but am pleased with the result. Peter Ward






I apologize to the artist and viewers for the paintings above where I haven't noted the name.









2 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

That IS an interesting subject...love your painting. Did you all eat the subject afterwards? Lol

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Ann. No such luck. I combined two photographs.