Tuesday 17 December 2013

A Surprise in the Mail!

Two days ago I received a most pleasant surprise in the mail. A lovely watercolour sketch of an `Orange-breasted Sunbird' signed Gerard Hendriks.


Since I first got to know Gerard, albeit at long distance, I've come more and more to realise what a nice and generous man he is.  Not many would do what he has done, first with my grandaughter Evie's portrait and now this. When I thanked him for Evie's portrait, when he wouldn't even allow me to pay the carriage charges, his response was he likes to make people happy. Gerard is planning a UK workshop visit in 2015 and I hope to be there.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you, what a lovely gesture.

Ray Maclachlan Art said...

Such a nice surprise Peter and there is so much to be learned from the painting.

Peter Ward said...

That's the sort of man he is Ray. Quite a contrast to some other artists I could name.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Jan. I'll bring it down on Thursday.